this is beautiful
coyoacan, méxico, d.f.
Healthy Peanut Butter Energy Bites
Healthy energy bites made from 5 simple ingredients. Perfect for on-the-go! Bites are gluten free if using certified gluten free oats.
yield: 14 BITES
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- dash of salt to taste (optional)
- dash of cinnamon (optional)
- cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar, melted chocolate, or toasted coconut for rolling (optional)
In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and combined. Set aside.
In another small bowl, combine the oats and ground flax. Pour peanut butter/honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add more oats if the mixture is too moist. Stir in the chocolate chips, which will slightly melt upon contact.
Add salt and/or cinnamon to the mixture if you prefer. Roll into 14 balls. I rolled the balls into cocoa powder, but that’s optional.
Store the bites in an airtight container at room temperature for 3 days. Bites freeze well and are good in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
*These bites are highly adaptable. Add in you favorite nuts or seeds. Add more oats if the mixture seems too moist and likewise, add more melted peanut butter & honey if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly.